Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh Woe to the Pates de Fruits!

The pates that we made yesterday for some reason didn't set! Oh the horror. I excitedly woke up this morning to see if our jellies were ready, but found that they were still liquidy - maybe we didn't bring the sugar to the proper boiling point. I was so depressed, I went back to bed.



Here is a picture that has the apple jelly that didn't set. I decided I wasn't quite through yet - I tossed the mango one I made back into the saucepan and boiled the crap out of it. I figured with the addition of powdered gelatin, I'd end up with some sort of gelatinous mass. I've got to update Liz on the situation.

More to follow, but in the mean time, here's a picture of a Pistashio Rosewater Cupcake that Liz and I made recently, just so that I don't feel like such a food failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment