Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Afternoon




Theres a couple of things that are on my "Want List' - that require quite a bit of time and dedication. The first being a cedar chest, which I think will be a really good way to store my knitwear safely from mites and moths.  I don't have any of the critters lurking around, but I'm always so worried about them, so short of a freezer, I think a cedar chest would be a good idea.

I've also been on an organization kick -I decorated my front wall (which I originally wanted to wallpaper) but I used a shadow box and some hooks instead.  Heres the shadowbox with all the teeny little perfumes and some nice spools of thread.

I also have the hangers pictured here....

The next project is to tackle this big TV cabinet- which is infinitely usefull and just the right size, but it's just so damn ugly!


Yeah... what to do...  I think I'm going to paint it a dove grey colour, and hang a curtain over the bottom 2 shelves (to hide the dvd player and stereo) and I am going to walpaper the outside of the cabinet. I think that might make it less ugly and more useful.

In other events, this little old shoestore in Roncesvalles has been purchased by this artist, and with the store came over 10,000 pairs of vintage shoes!  He's hawking them off for $10 a pair - and there are some total gems to be found!

I got these...  Navy blue pumps in size 7 WIDE!!! :D

And also a tan pair of peeptoes...

1 comment:

  1. have you moved house? I don't recognise your front wall :(
    nice to be able to keep up with you this way. i hope you're well and happy.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete