Monday, May 10, 2010

Most Productive Day... Ever.

I took a vacation day from work to get a few things done. Firstly, I needed to go to the bank really badly and had been putting it off for about 4 months now.  I also needed a massage, especially for my shoulders as sitting at a computer 10 hours a day has been reaking havoc on my back muscles.

Besides the practical, I've been up to a lot of my ownsome today - I took a trip up to Knitomatic as I never venture north of Dupont and I thought that it would be good for me to get out a bit.  Bad because I spent some more $, but good because I found a few yarny treats -


Some Ella Rae yarn which I'll admit was a bit steep, but it was so pretty I could make something springy out of it... I also got some dyes...
In moss green and delphinium blue.  I figure you can't go wrong with those colours, even though it's really tricky to tell what your finished project looks like when dying with food colouring.

In addition to my recent purchases, I also modified an extra large Mens Teeshirt that I bought at bluenotes with my friend Robbie a few months ago.  Instead of a manly looking tee it's a servicable tshirt dress and a good enough length to wear with some leggings out and about town.  Going to see a movie later today, so all in all a really great day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment